Sunday, June 24, 2012

Liz + Mike engaged! (Jan. 2012)

We are going back in time again for this one.  My sister, Liz lives in Wisconsin with her fiance, Mike.  He popped the big question last December, so when they came home to PA for a holiday vacation in early January 2012, an engagement session was a MUST.  These two are so crazy about each other!  You will see that in these photos.  It was freezing outside, but we made it work.  Last night, Josh asked me which photo was my favorite, and I decided that there's no way I can pick just one... or even a few.   They all blow me away for one reason or another.  Pretty good for my first engagement shoot ever! I hope you agree.


 
We started shooting at Historic Hanna's Town, which is about 1/2 mile from where Liz and I grew up.  It was the first county seat west of the Allegheny Mountains.  We shot among the reconstructed fort and tavern/courthouse.



Lots of smoochin going on.



... and lots of goofin around too.



Liz has him in stocks before the wedding!  Impressive!



I just love this family portrait!  Their babies are Mia, and Reina.






All smiles!!  :)



Those eyes are killer.


Liz's beautiful solitaire engagement ring.  He did a very good job!







Those baby blues are just ridiculous!







Then we moved about 1/4 mile north to a corn field.  This turned out to be my favorite place to shoot!



It's easy to get my sister to giggle!



Looks like they are getting ready to square dance.  Love it!



What a fine gesture!



And... for our final destination...  Twin Lakes state park.  It's beautiful in any season. Even when the paddle boats are out of commission.



They are just so darn pretty.



We didn't forget about the pups!  Here's another great family shot.



They are such big dorks if you didn't know! haha! They are lucky they didn't slip on the snow.



A little PDA on a park bench never hurt anybody.   ;)



That small town on the hillside in the background is where we grew up.  

In less than a year, these two will be a happily married couple!  They can't wait! (neither can I)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love them, Mel! Just when I think I have a favorite, I look at another one and just love it.

    ReplyDelete